Gyeongsang-do refers to Gyeongsangnam-do(the southern part of Gyeongsang-do) and Gyeongsangbuk-do(the northern part of Gyeongsang-do). The name 'Gyeongsang' was given during the Goryeo period.
It was formed by first two letters of - The name of Gyeongsang is consisted of the first two letters of Gyeongju and Sangju, two major cities of the region back in the days. In September 995- (14th year of King Seongjong of Goryeo), the nation was divided into 10 provinces for the first time.
The regions under Sangju were called Yeongnam-do, the regions under Geumju- (present Gimhae) were called Yeongdong-do, and the regions under Jinju were called Sanyang-do.
In September 1407 (the 7th year of Taejong's reign), the administrative district in Joseon dynasty separated Gyeongsang province into Gyeongsangjwa-do and Gyeongsangwu-do for military purpose.
At that time, Gyeongsangjwa-do and Gyeongsangwu-do referred to the east part and the west part of Nakdong River respectively. The current administrative term was settled on August 4th, 1896 (the 33rd year of Gojong's reign) in late Joseon.
The previous national administrative district divisions of 23 Bu's was reorganized to 13 Do's currently, while Gyeongsang-do was divided into Gyeongsangnam-do and Gyeongsangbuk-do.
- The Three-Hans Period: The northern part belonged to Jinhan and the southern part to Byeonhan.
- The Gaya Period: Existed 6 Gayas including Golden Crown Gaya.
- The Three-States Period: Became the land of Silla in the 24th year of King Jinheung of Silla.
- The Goryeo Period: Named as Gyeongsang Jinju-do in the first year of King Yejong (in 1106) Gyeongsang. Named as Gyeongsang-do for the first time in the first year of King Chungsuk (in 1314).
- The Joseon Period: Separated as Gyeongsangnam-do from Gyeongsang-do in August 4, 1896; the seat of a provincial government became Jinju.
- April 1, 1925 The seat of the provincial government moved from Jinju to Busan.
- January 1, 1963 Busan was separated from Gyeongsangnam-do the (the status elevated to Busan City under direct control of the central government).
- July 1, 1983 Moved the seat of the provincial government to Changwon.
- July 15, 1997 Ulsan-si was separated from Gyeongsangnam-do (elevated to Ulsan Metropolitan City).
최종수정일 : 2017-12-13
이 페이지에서 제공하는 정보에 대하여 만족하십니까?