- Opening Hours: Everyday year-round (except closing days)
- Closed on Mondays, New Year’s Day, Korean New Year’s Day, Korean Thanksgiving Day and when the government determines to close the Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art due to inevitable reasons.
- Mar.-Oct.: 10:00-19:00
- Nov.-Feb.: 10:00-18:00
- It may take about 90 minutes to look around the Museum of Art.
Exhibition Guide (with docents)
- Guided Tour Schedule: 10:30, 14:00, 16:00 (three times daily, including weekends)
- Application: No application or reservation required.
- How to Join: Wait in front of Exhibition Hall 1 on the first floor in the Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art at each guide tour time. A docent will join and guide you.
- Inquiry: 055-254-4631
Details on the admission fees for visitors
||Group (more than 20)
||From 25 to 65 years old
|Teenagers and Soldiers
||From 13 to 25 years old and soldiers lower than petty officer.
||From 7 to 13 years old (including elementary school students).
- 50% discount: Those with Green Card, Gyeongnam i-Danuri Card or Artist Card or when it is required to support promotion policies including residents whose total volunteer hours are over 100 hours.
- Admission fees are subject to change for exhibitions which are not planned by the Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art.
※ For free admission, a valid ID (including resident registration card, driver’s license, passport or government officer ID card man of national merit card, or welfare card) shall be submitted to get a free admission ticket.
- National guests, diplomatic missions, and their escorts
- Children 7 and under, seniors 65 or over, the physically challenged and their guardians in accordance with the “Act on Welfare of Persons with Disabilities
- Those who are allowed free admission in accordance with relevant rules and regulations.
- Those who visit the Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art for academic researches
- Those who visit the Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art for government businesses
- Those who are subject to the reduction of admission fees in accordance with the “Act on the Establishment of Association by Persons, etc. of Distinguished Service to the State”, the “Act on the Honorable Treatment of Persons of Distinguished Service in the May 18th Democratization Movement”, the “Act on Honorable Treatment of War Veterans” and other relevant rules and regulations
- The national basic livelihood recipients and the near poverty class in accordance with the “National Basic Living Security Act”(valid certificates need to be presented)
- Other visitors whose free admission is required for the operational reasons of the Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art.
Inquiry for Admission
- Smoking or alcohol is not allowed.
- Lighting or taking pictures of exhibits are not allowed unless otherwise permitted by the Director.
- Please do not touch the works of art.
- Please do interrupting other visitors, including speaking in a loud voice.
Significance of Exhibition
- The Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art, the professional organization for public benefits, investigates and collects works of art with the historic value, continuously conducts the academic research, distributes the research results through exhibitions in various ways, develops and operates systematic art education programs helping the public to understand art more easily, and provides the specialized knowledge to the public. Such functions and roles of the Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art, serve the core mission to collect, keep, and exhibit the collections. In particular, exhibition is the friendliest approach for the Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art to communicate with the public
Kinds of Exhibitions in the Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art
The exhibitions are largely classified into permanent exhibitions and special exhibitions while they can be further classified into several subcategories.
- The essential element of the Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art is collections. The most important activity of the Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art is to add values in terms of the history of art, by collecting, keeping, and exhibiting the collections. Accordingly, it can be said that the permanent exhibition are the heart of the Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art, which focus on keeping collections, and enhance their values by securing collections through long-term investment.
- All special exhibitions are prepared in accordance with the intentions and purposes of planning and present a variety of art materials in the unique and creative ways for a certain period of time.
Basic Attitude of Appreciation in Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art
- All exhibitions are designed to induce the visitors’ circulation for facilitating their understanding on the flow of a given theme in the exhibition halls. The basic attitude of appreciation in the Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art is to appreciate the works along the intended circulation path.
- Each works is the external expression on an internal emotion and the intelligence of an artist. Visitors try to identify the stylistic features of works through structures, materials, forms, and colors to understand the message from an artist conveyed through such an external expression.
- Visitors try to appreciate meaning and significance of works in their own way by accurately understanding and deliberating on the works with the proper attitudes of appreciation.
Tips for Enjoying Works of Art in the Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art
- Since the human brain has the ability to integrate information from external sources, the more visual information is received, the greater the level of cognition, knowledge and understanding. Such an ability develops simple curiosity from intellectual stimulation and visual observation. Furthermore, it induces understanding on scientific facts and culture. Accordingly, more access to works of arts helps to identify the difference between delicacy and subtlety, to understand the works of art better and ultimately to enjoy an elegant cultural life.
- It’s the best way is to frequently visit the Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art for more access to ]works of art. While we have the opportunity to indirectly appreciate the works of art through catalogs or book or the Internet, it is the best to appreciate the original works of art in person. Furthermore, it will be more valuable to observe works of arts in a museum, which strictly selects and presents qualitatively advanced works of art.
- We generally use a variety of information media, including broadcasting, newspapers, or magazines to identify the information on exhibitions in the Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art.
- It is strongly recommended to visit the homepage of Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art on a regular basis for more access to the information on exhibitions. The Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art provides all schedules, including annual exhibitions and education programs on its homepage.
- It is beneficial to secure various kinds of brochures providing information on exhibitions when visiting the Museum of Art. The Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art distributes the general pamphlet on exhibitions to visitors for free.
- It is better to visit the Museum of Art at the time of guided tour with a docent. The professional docents help visitors to easily understand the exhibitions in the Gyeongnam Provincial Museum of Art.
- Docents are the exhibition guides who help visitors appreciate and understand the works of art. The mission of docents is to guide visitors to more easily appreciate exhibitions by explaining the planning and intentions of exhibitions and works of art in simpler way