Date of Designation: Nov 22, 1999
The symbol of Gyeongsangnam-do represents the will to building the bright future of Gyeongsangnam-do, like the sun with indomitable spirit of the citizens of Gyeongsangnam-do and its beautiful environment. It also symbolizes the determination of raising Gyeongsangnam-do to an international level.
The symbol mark consists of 5 sectios
|Red color at the top||Passionate spirit of the citizens of Gyeongsangnam-do and their love for province and nation.|
|Green color on the left||Nature and industries forming in harmony.|
|Yellow color on the right||Fertile land as the essence of life.|
|Blue color at the bottom||Cleanliness of Nakdonggang River and Namhae.|
|White color at the center||Strong Gyeongsangnam-do that shines like the rising sun.|
The circle of the symbol in its entirety signifies the spirit of unity in developing the entire areas of Gyeongsangnam-do equally by utilizing the abundant natural resources and the capabilities of Gyeongsangnam-do's citizens. Furthermore, it represents Gyeongsangnam-do's infinite growth in the world by boosting the advanced technology and cultural & tourism industry in the 21st century of Asia Pacific Era.
- Registration date: July 1st, 2015
- The dream of 3.5 million residents and the 50-year hope for the future of Gyeongsangnam-do province are being realized. Bravo Gyeongnam!
This brand slogan expresses each of convenient living environment, passionate residents, future high-tech industry and clean natural environment in Gyeongsangnam-do province. The firework in the brand slogan means a variety of properties and possibilities of Gyeongsangnam-do province.
Combination of a simple font style and graphic element shows its friendliness and liveliness.
- Convenient living environment
- Passionate resident
- Future high-tech industry
- Clean natural environment
Characters of Province: Gyeongnami & Gyeongi
- Date of Designation: Nov 28, 2001
- "Gyeongnami & Gyeongi", the characters of Gyeongsangnam-do, symbolize the spirit of Gyeongsangnam-do, which is advancing to the future with its long history and brilliant traditions. The characters express ultramodern machinery industry, which is the priority industry in Gyeongsangnam-do, in their bright and energetic images.
The toothed wheels, the key symbols of machinery industry, are personified into the images of the lovable children. "Gyeongnami" stands for the strong will and the spirit of Gyeongsangnam-do's citizens, and "Gyeongi" expresses the Gyeongsangnam-do citizen's eternal hope.
Flower of Province: Rose
- Date of Designation: Jul 17, 1973
- Habitats: All over the world including Korea
- Characteristics and reason for designation: It is the most prolific flower in the world as its beautiful colors and elegant fragrance enchant the insects and people. It symbolizes the unlimited potential of Gyeongsangnam-do, stepping into the world with its strong and passionate spirit.
Tree of Province: Zelkova Tree
- Date of Designation: May 13, 1978
- Habitats: All over Korea especially in Gyeongsangnam-do
- Characteristics and reason for designation: It is a big, hard-wooded tree with abundant leaves that enjoys a long life span, and is much loved by the inhabitants of Gyeongsangnam-do from the past. Its imposing disposition and magnificent figure represents the spirit of Gyeongsangnam-do's citizens and symbolizes the eternal prosperity. Especially, the fact that people gather around the tree to discuss and decide on important matters of the village shows us the realization of the sprit of the local autonomy.
Bird of Province: White Heron
- Date of Designation: Jun 9, 1978
- Habitats: There are 7 white heron habitats in the nation and 2 of them are in Gyeongsangnam-do (Doseon-ri, Dosan-myeon, Tongyeong-si, and Duyang-ri, Okjong-myeon, Hadong-gun)
- Characteristics and reason for designation: The white heron's elegant and noble appearance evokes emotion from people. It's perfectly white and pure color coincides with the pride of the community loving Gyeongsangnam-do' citizens. Its characteristics of cleanliness, integrity, and independence are similar to those of Gyeongsangnam-do' citizen who are sincere, and diligent, and it symbolizes the harmony and solidarity of Gyeongsangnam-do people.
Province Fish: Black rockfish
- Date of Designation: May 8, 1997
- Habitats: Coastal waters of Korea and Japan south of Hokkaido
- Characteristics and reason for designation: The Black rockfish is a coastal fish living between the rocks in the shallow water. They eat small crustaceans. Their colors vary according to their habitats but are mostly gray. It represents the progressive spirit of Gyeongsangnam-do' citizen and the boundless potential in Gyeongsangnam-do fishing industry, which is growing rapidly.
최종수정일 : 2017-12-01
이 페이지에서 제공하는 정보에 대하여 만족하십니까?